Mark your calendars for the best – and only! – conference dedicated to chef educators and their unique challenges and needs.
The Center for the Advancement of Foodservice Education (CAFÉ) is proud to announce the 14th annual Leadership Conference will be hosted by Milwaukee Area Technical College, in Milwaukee, Wis., on June 14-16, 2018.
The Leadership Conference strives to create an environment that connects culinary educators with the culinary industry. Guest speakers, trends presentations and educational best practices topics relate specifically to chef educators at the secondary and post-secondary levels.
Next year’s event will feature:
- Optional hands-on master classes
- Culinary competition(s)
- Opening night reception
- Full day of industry information, including details on the latest trends
- Gift bags with collateral distribution of classroom resources
- Full day of peer presentations on educational best practices
- Two breakfasts; two lunches; and snacks and beverages at breaks
- ACF continuing education hours for certification
- Scholarship auction
- Networking with instructors from around the U.S. and Canada
Attendees will have the option of choosing lodging at Milwaukee’s Brew House Hotel and Suites, which is within walking distance to the college and located in the downtown area.
Several programs are available to attendees to reduce the $399 registration fee. They include:
- Submitting an application for one of several award programs. Individual award programs will be announced by November with winners selected in the spring. Winners earn free registrations.
- Submitting a proposal for presenting at the 14th annual Leadership Conference’s educational best practices day. Selected presenters receive a $100 discount off the registration fee.
- Becoming a member of CAFÉ, which will entitle the member to a $25 discount. More details to come about CAFÉ Membership opportunities.
Click here for conference registration.