Chef Herve Guillard earned the Idaho Potato Commission (ICP) Innovation Award in social media by taking a Safety and Sanitation written essay and turning it into a social media capstone project.
In this section you will find information about scholarships and awards available to instructors and students. Read below to learn more.
*All award and scholarship applications including the videos will become the property of CAFÉ to share on its website.
2017 Leadership Contest Winners
Social media’s benefits include more than chatting with friends. For Jill Hurt and her students at Bourbon County High School, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are platforms to promote and sell items from the Culinary Pathway’s catering business and culinary classrooms.
Sustainability is the key to the Broadmoor Culinary program’s Seed to Harvest education, which is demonstrated in the classroom, in the farm-to-plate public restaurant as well as on the program’s own Urban Farm.
Dr. Frank Costantino has held the dean’s position at the School of Hospitality Management at the Culinary Institute of New York at Monroe College for 9 years.
Dr. Jeffrey Miller has a passion for learning. To him, learning is a lifelong process that includes more than food knowledge. Dr. Miller brings his breadth of knowledge in areas such as sociology, history and education to his Colorado State University classes. He said in his award application, “A student may come to CSU to get a credential, but I am going to try and help them leave with an education.”
Being creative in the kitchen and classroom has always been a passion for Culinary Arts Instructor Toni D’Onofrio.
- Program coordinator and professor, Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College, Bowling Green, Ky.
- Dr. Riggs won a $1,500 cash award and registration to CAFÉ Leadership Conference
- Department Chair, Culinary Arts at Butler Community College, Wichita, KS
- Michael won an all-expense paid trip to the 2017 National Pork Summit held at the Culinary Institute of America at Greystone, CA.
- Food Lab Manager, Drexel University’s Problem Solving and Research Center in the Center for Hospitality and Sport Management, Philadelphia, PA
- Zeitz won $1,000 and a complimentary CAFÉ Leadership Conference registration