Charleston and Charlotte
Not to get confused, BUT, CAFE is hosting two events in 2019 in the Carolinas!
MARCH 15-17, 2019
Deans and Directors from postsecondary programs around the U.S. will meet in Charleston, South Carolina, for their annual get together featuring speakers who will address methods to Building Your Brand.
We will hear from Touchstone Founders as well as from other schools who will share their innovations. There will be time for networking and forming friendships that will enable attendees to pick up the phone and talk with their peers about similar challenges of directing a program.
For registration, a tentative agenda, and hotel information, click here.
Hotel deadline is February 11, 2019.
MEET NEW FRIENDS AND GREET OLD FRIENDS!
JUNE 20-22, 2019
Join foodservice instructors from around the U.S. for the 15th Annual Leadership Conference in Charlotte, North Carolina, for a three-day event that includes hands on master classes, keynoters, an Industry Outreach Day (InfoFair and trends presentations) and a full day devoted to educational best practices.
ACF continuing education hours are awarded at both events. There are discounts for CAFE members at both events.
CAFE is fortunate to work with great sponsor/partners who underwrite the prestigious award programs each year.
Educator of the Year: Sysco Corporation
Program Innovations: The Idaho Potato Commission
Green Award and Program’s Entrepreneurship recognitions: Brightwater: A Center for the Study of Food
These awards not only recognize your efforts, but rewards them with cash awards and complimentary registrations to the annual Leadership Conference.
The deadline for the Awards is April 1. Click here for more information.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR 2019
February 11, 2019
Hotel Deadline, Dean and Directors Retreat
March 15-17, 2019
Deans and Directors Retreat, Charleston, SC
April 1, 2019
Award Applications Due
June 20-22, 2019
15th Annual CAFE Leadership Conference, Charlotte, NC
Brightwater: A Center for the Study of Food: Sponsor of TWO Awards
- Green Award: Recognizes culinary programs that promote and incorporate sustainability efforts as part of their curriculum and operations. Click here for information about the Green Award
- Food Entrepreneurship Award: Identifies culinary programs that either 1) teach or encourage entrepreneurship in their programming or 2) implement revenue-generation and cost-savings into their operations. Click here for information about the Entrepreneurship Award
Idaho Potato Commission Innovation Awards
CAFE is proud to be partnering with the Idaho Potato Commission (IPC) once again as they sponsor the Innovation Awards for 2019.
This Award recognizes educators and/or programs at both the secondary and postsecondary levels who have shown to be innovative in their approaches to effective culinary arts education.
Examples of innovations can be in the areas of:
- New programs or
- New delivery methods or
- New partnerships or
- New relations with the local community
Click here for more information about the Innovations Award.
Sysco Educator of the Year Award
Thanks to Sysco for again sponsoring the Educator of the Year Award for 2019! This award is open to secondary and postsecondary educators as well as culinary educators working within the non-profit training sector. There will be two awards given.
The Committee will be looking for:
- a description of methodologies that exemplify innovative teaching techniques. Give examples.
- evidence of the educator’s professional commitment to the educational community and foodservice industry which might include school committee work, professional networking, and community involvement.
- a resume with the application.
- descriptions of ongoing professional development in both instructional and technical skills in the last few years.
- overall evidence that the educator has proven leadership in his/her profession; examples may include peer reviews, student evaluations, letters of recommendation, certificates and honors received, etc.
For more information about the Educator of the Year Awards, click here.