Green Award: Recognizes culinary programs that promote and incorporate sustainability efforts as part of their curriculum and operations.
Food Entrepreneurship Award: Identifies culinary programs that either 1) teach or encourage entrepreneurship in their programming or 2) implement revenue-generation and cost-savings into their operations.
Notes the awards of excellence:
- Open to individuals and all culinary programs.
- Open to all secondary and post-secondary schools.
- Entries judged in the areas of quality of design, applicability, replicability, stewardship, success in implementation of the project or concept, impact upon the college and community, and thoughtful innovation in practice and technique.
- Application includes:
- Description of accomplishment(s) in less than 500 words
- Attach documentation illustrating the effort
- Show how you measure success of this idea/initiative/effort
- Do not mail items to Brightwater; material will not be returned.
- Call for Entries: September 30
- Submission Deadline: March 30
- Winners announced: May 1
- Award winners units will be notified in writing
- Winners receive a $1000 award and a plaque to honor their achievement.
- Past winners may reapply each year for new initiatives or awards.