Thanks to Sysco for sponsoring the Educator of the Year Award for 2020! This Award is open to secondary and postsecondary educators as well as culinary educators working within the non-profit training sector. There will be two awards given.
There is no actual application form, but please include a cover letter to the Awards Selection Committee summarizing the nominee’s commitment to quality education as well as to his/her students and the advancement of the culinary, baking & pastry, and hospitality professions.
Deadline for the Award Application is April 3, 2020. Winners will be notified no later than May 1, 2020 and will each receive $1,500 as well as a complimentary registration to the CAFE Leadership Conference, June 17-19 in Portland, Maine. Thank you to Sysco for their ongoing support of culinary educators!
Specific documentation that is suggested/required:
- Include a description of methodologies that exemplify innovative teaching techniques. Give examples.
- Provide evidence of the educator’s professional commitment to the educational community and foodservice industry which might include school committee work, professional networking, and community involvement.
- Include a resume with the application.
- Provide descriptions of ongoing professional development in both instructional and technical skills in the last few years.
- Describe overall evidence that the educator has proven leadership in his/her profession; examples may include peer reviews, student evaluations, letters of recommendation, certificates and honors received, etc.
Subject Line: Educator of the Year Application