JOB TITLE: Chef Specialist
Lincoln Land Community College
Lincoln Land Community College is seeking a Culinary Educator to teach and support the credit culinary program courses; participate in student success, retention and recruitment activities; actively assist in the continual maintenance and organization of the learning labs, including ensuring accurate product ordering and use; and function as lead cook for special events and food demonstrations. This position reports to the Director, Culinary Program & Operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepare for and teach courses as assigned.
- Make ready materials, product and equipment needed for classes.
- Update coursework as needed and contribute to course- and program-level assessments.
- Assist in club advisory duties for student groups and participate in appropriate student groups.
- Assist in facilitating five year program review process.
- Assist in program advisory committee meetings as needed.
- Stay current in educational trends in higher education and in the culinary/hospitality area.
- Provide tours and educational demonstrations to potential students and group visits.
- Participate in LLCC Open Houses • Conduct onsite visits to high schools and job fairs.
- Be available for student inquiries and needs; be knowledgeable of college programs and resources so as to refer current & future students as appropriate to other areas of the college.
- Monitor student retention and participate in strategies that contribute to student success and retention.
- Assist in product acquisition for all lab events, including updating and organizing weekly product needs lists, monitoring inventory, placing orders, checking in and putting away orders, and physically picking up product.
- Function as lead cook for special events and food demonstrations.
- Working LLCC culinary functions/special events in capacity as a lead chef or assistant role, including creating menus, planning prep lists, communicate product needs to Culinary Program and Operations Director, guiding student helpers and workers during events, and overseeing and assisting in cleanup.
- Associate’s degree in culinary arts/baking and pastry/hospitality management or equivalent
- 3 years industry experience
- Valid Illinois Driver’s License
- Current Food Manger’s License