Green Award for 2020
We are pleased to announce that the Green Award will be offered to individuals/culinary programs that emphasize sustainability or other “green” aspects in their programs.
This Award is sponsored by the United Soybean Board who is proud to reach out to educators and to recognize their efforts instructing students in the importance of agriculture in their selection of products and designing of menus.
Past winners have implemented aquaculture farms, gardens, farm-to-table menus, waste reduction and more!
What are your efforts in this area?
The Award is $1,000 plus a complimentary registration to the annual CAFÉ Leadership Conference where the winner will be recognized during the Award Ceremony on June 17th at our host school, Southern Maine Community College in Portland, Maine.
Deadline to submit is April 1, 2020. Winner will be notified no later than May 1, 2020.
For more information, click here.
Have You Read the January Issue of "The Gold Medal Classroom?"
It’s all about change! Our columnists and features emphasize the challenges and rewards of change in our programs and in our industry.
Wondering How to Renew Your CAFÉ Membership?
1. Log into your account on the CAFÉ website.
2. Go to the drop down “Resource Center and click on Membership.
3. Click on Renew button.
1. Go to the CAFÉ website and click the drop down “Resource Center”. Then click on Membership.
2. Click on Sign Up button.
3. Fill out membership information.
Cut Off Date for Deans and Directors Hotel
February 27, 2020
Deans and Directors Retreat
“A Case for Change”
March 13-15, 2020, New Orleans
Applications Due for CAFE Awards
April 1, 2020
May 1, 2020
Cut off Date for Leadership Conference Hotel
May 16, 2020
16th Annual CAFE Leadership Conference
“Innovations and Inspirations”
June 17-19, 2020, Portland, Maine
Idaho Potato Commission Innovation Awards
CAFE is proud to be partnering with the Idaho Potato Commission (IPC) once again as they sponsor the Innovation Awards for 2020.
This Award recognizes educators and/or programs at both the secondary and postsecondary levels who have shown to be innovative in their approaches to effective culinary arts education.
Examples of innovations can be in the areas of:
- New programs or
- New delivery methods or
- New partnerships or
- New relations with the local community
Click here for more information about the Innovations Award.
Kendall College Entrepreneurship Award
CAFÉ is proud to be partnering with Kendall College as they sponsor the Entrepreneurship Award for 2020.
This Award identifies culinary programs that either (1) teach or encourage entrepreneurship in their programming or (2) implement revenue-generation and cost savings into their operations.
- Open to individuals and all culinary programs
- Open to secondary and post-secondary schools
- Include all contact information in your application
- Entries judged in the areas of quality of design, applicability, replicability, stewardship, success in implementation of the project or concept, impact upon the college and community and thoughtful innovation in practice and technique.
Sysco Educator of the Year Award
Thanks to Sysco for again sponsoring the Educator of the Year Award for 2020! This award is open to secondary and postsecondary educators as well as culinary educators working within the non-profit training sector. There will be two awards given.
The Committee will be looking for:
- a description of methodologies that exemplify innovative teaching techniques. Give examples.
- evidence of the educator’s professional commitment to the educational community and foodservice industry which might include school committee work, professional networking, and community involvement.
- a resume with the application.
- descriptions of ongoing professional development in both instructional and technical skills in the last few years.
- overall evidence that the educator has proven leadership in his/her profession; examples may include peer reviews, student evaluations, letters of recommendation, certificates and honors received, etc.
For more information about the Educator of the Year Awards, click here.