James Beard Foundation Survey
By filling out this 10-minute survey, you will be automatically entered to win one of 20 copies of our newest cookbook, Waste Not: How to Get the Most from Your Food, a collection of over 100 recipes from alumni of the James Beard Foundation's Chefs Boot Camp for Policy and Change Program.
The survey is anonymous and results will only be shared in summary form with the James Beard Foundation staff. The deadline for completion and eligibility to win a copy of Waste Not is 11:59 EDT on April 30.
Master Classes are Filling Up!
Be sure to sign up for one of the hands-on master classes that are being offered at the 15th Annual CAFE Leadership Conference on Thursday, June 20 on the Johnson & Wales campus in Charlotte:
- RATIONAL will introduce you to new equipment that changes cooking resources of the future
- James Beard Foundation will have a chef demonstrating how to reduce waste in restaurant kitchens. They are working with Prosciutto di Parma and you will take back important techniques to add to your curriculum
- Guittard Chocolate asked for an additional hour so that they can have you practice tempering and chocolate decorations
- The National Watermelon Promotion Board is bringing in a well-known carver for the garde manger class….sure to please!!
Registration for the conference as well as the agenda and hotel information can be found here. The hotel block is getting full. Don’t wait!
Attention North Carolina High School Teachers
CAFE offers a $100 registration fee discount to high school teachers in the state where our hosts are. Spread the word to the North Carolina community!
Did you see the April issue of "The Gold Medal Classroom"?
Did you see the list of topics that the "Journal for Culinary Education Best Practices" has published?
- Converting Unconvertible Classes; Moving Foods-based classes Into the On-Line Environment
- Proposing a Baking and Pastry Concentration
- Carcass Pedagogy; Enhanced Learning in a Culinary School Butchery Course
- SPECA Conference Informs Culinary Program
- The Secret Recipe for an Engaged Classroom
- Pre-Post Testing to Measure Student Knowledge Gain
- Teaching Excellence Update: Cracking the DNA Code of ‘The Good Teacher’
- The Culinary Workshop: A Culinary Education Best Practices Part 1
- The Culinary Workshop in Action: Developing Cross Country Skills Part 2
- Improving Your Teaching by Using Reflective Journaling
The Journal is part of your CAFE membership. Click here to join. Cost is $50 and you also get a $25 discount on any CAFE event.
New Job Listing!
Check out the Job Board here for a new listing from California!
IMPORTANT DATES FOR 2019
May 29, 2019
Hotel Deadline, Leadership Conference
June 20-22, 2019
15th Annual CAFE Leadership Conference, Charlotte, NC hosted by Central Piedmont Community College and Johnson & Wales University