We are pleased to announce that the 2022 Green Award will be offered to individuals/culinary programs that emphasize sustainability or other “green” aspects in their programs.
This Award is sponsored by the United Soybean Board who is proud to reach out to educators and to recognize their efforts instructing students in the importance of agriculture in their selection of products and designing of menus.
Past winners have implemented aquaculture farms, gardens, farm-to-table menus, waste reduction and more!
What are your efforts in this area?
The Award is $1,000. The winner will also be given a complimentary registration to the CAFÉ Leadership Conference in June 2022 in Portland Maine.
- Open to individuals and all culinary programs.
- Open to all secondary and post-secondary schools.
- Entries judged in the areas of quality of design, applicability, replicability, stewardship, success in implementation of the project or concept, impact upon the college and community, and thoughtful innovation in practice and technique.
- Past winners may reapply each year for new initiatives or awards.
- Contact Information including name, address, school, email, and phone. (See Application Cover Sheet provided)
- Description of accomplishment(s) in fewer than 500 words
- Documentation illustrating the effort
- Measurement of the success of this idea/initiative/effort
- Include with these materials that you are giving permission to use any of the information submitted in publicity about the Award.
Deadline to submit is April 1, 2022. Winner will be notified in writing no later than May 1, 2022.