CAFE is proud to be partnering with the Idaho Potato Commission (IPC) once again as they sponsor the Innovation Award for 2019.
This Award recognizes educators and/or programs at both the secondary and postsecondary levels who have shown to be innovative in their approaches to effective culinary arts education.
Examples of innovations can be in the areas of:
- New programs or
- New delivery methods or
- New partnerships or
- New relations with the local community.
The Award will be available to a postsecondary program (and runner up if applicable) and a secondary program (and runner up if applicable). Winners will receive a check for $1,000 each and runners-up will receive a check for $500 each. All two (or four) will receive complimentary registrations to the 2019 CAFE Leadership Conference. (Hotel and travel are not covered).
You are welcome to apply more than one year for the IPC Innovation Award; however, materials submitted should be current and relevant to the theme for that year.
Applications should include the following:
- A cover sheet which includes the name and contact information (including cell phone) of the person completing the application
- A narrative describing how the applicant’s program addresses one or more innovation areas
- Documentation which could include
- Catalog and/or course descriptions
- Evaluations of the experiences by students, industry, and educators who are monitoring the program or course
- Testimonials of students and/or industry participants
- Other documents which would show the Committee how these experiences are successfully incorporated
Deadline for applications is April 1, 2019. Winners will be notified no later than May 1, 2019. Winners must be represented at the Leadership Conference to be recognized. The CAFE Leadership Conference is June 20-22, 2019 in Charlotte, NC.