We are pleased to announce that the 2021 Green Awardwill be offered to individuals/culinary programs that emphasize sustainability or other “green” aspects in their programs.
This Award is sponsored by the United Soybean Board who is proud to reach out to educators and to recognize their efforts instructing students in the importance of agriculture in their selection of products and designing of menus.
Past winners have implemented aquaculture farms, gardens, farm-to-table menus, waste reduction and more!
What are your efforts in this area?
The Award is $1,000.
- Open to individuals and all culinary programs.
- Open to all secondary and post-secondary schools.
- Include all contact information in your application
- Entries judged in the areas of quality of design, applicability, replicability, stewardship, success in implementation of the project or concept, impact upon the college and community, and thoughtful innovation in practice and technique.
- Description of accomplishment(s) in less than 500 words
- Attach documentation illustrating the effort
- Show how you measure success of this idea/initiative/effort
- Submission Deadline: April 1, 2021
- Winners announced: May 1, 2021
- Award winners will be notified in writing
- Winners in each category receive a $1000 award and a plaque to honor their achievement.
- Past winners may reapply each year for new initiatives or awards.
Deadline to submit is April 1, 2021. Winner will be notified no later than May 1, 2021.