The Idaho Potato Commission (IPC) and CAFÉ are once again partnering to sponsor the 2018 Innovation Award.
The award will recognize programs that bring in real-life experiences to prepare students and graduates to translate and adapt their classroom training to the needs of industry. Deadline for applications is April 1, 2018. Winners will be notified no later than May 1, 2018.
The IPC/CAFÉ award will be available to a postsecondary program (and runner up if applicable) and a secondary program (and runner up if applicable). Winners will receive a check for $1,000 each and runners-up will receive a check for $500 each. All two (or four) will receive complimentary registrations to the 2018 CAFÉ Leadership Conference. (Hotel and travel are not covered).
Applications should include the following:
- A cover sheet which includes the name and contact information (including cell phone) of the person completing the application
- A narrative describing how the applicant’s program addresses real-life experiences as part of their curriculum. This could include successful apprenticeship, externship, or internship experiences in addition to guest speakers, field trips, etc.
- Documentation could include:
- Catalog and/or course descriptions
- Evaluations of the experiences by students, industry, and educators who are monitoring the program or course
- Testimonials of students and/or industry participants
- Other documents which would show the committee how these experiences are successfully incorporated
Winners must be represented at the Leadership Conference to be recognized. The CAFÉ Leadership Conference is June 14-16, 2018, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Send your four (4) application packages to:
IPC Award Application
502 Chester Ave
Annapolis, MD 21403