We are publishing our monthly e-zine, “Gold Medal Classroom” which has features and columns all directed to culinary educators.
We are producing a series of podcasts featuring foodservice professionals and other experts who talk about topics ranging from Cajun food to soul food, from wine to coffee, to being a flavorist or a futurist and more!
We will launch short videos called Coffee with CAFÉ which will help you keep up to date with trends. Look for these Friday morning specials starting in February 2021.
Please believe that we are exploring as many options to help you during this school year as well as being committed to helping your students, your industry partners, and your own families survive this turmoil.
WHAT WE ARE CONTINUING TO DO:
- Provide ideas and resources via the “Gold Medal Classroom, not only in special editions, but also in our 11 issues per year.
- Continue to plan for events in 2022.
- Continue to host a website, www.CafeMeetingPlace.com which is totally devoted to you, the culinary/baking/pastry/hospitality educator and leader.
- Recognizing 2021 Award winners via our four categories: Educator of the Year; Entrepreneurship Award; Innovation Award; and Green Award. (Deadline has been extended to May 1, 2021) Go to www.cafemeetingplace.com/scholarship-awards for application information.
WHAT WE HAVE HAD TO DO:
- Postpone the 8th annual Deans and Directors Retreat until mid-March 2022. Same location (New Orleans) and similar focus and format.
- Postpone the 16th annual CAFÉ Leadership Conference until June 2022. Same location (Portland, Maine) and similar focus and format.
We are hoping to roll out some news ideas via our one-day events “A Taste of CAFÉ” which will take place (hopefully) starting in the fall of 2021. Here will be some fun, affordable ways to spend a day at a local college host, focusing on a variety of skills and industry challenges. Stay tuned for the schedule to be announced!
- Apply for an AWARD here!
- Become a member of CAFÉ here!
- Take some time to go into our website to check out articles and offers which you haven’t had time to do before! www.CafeMeetingPlace.com. Our industry partners have some extraordinary materials which you can find via our Industry Resource page here.
- Consider being a host of “A Taste of CAFÉ” in the fall/early spring of 2021/2022 Information can be found here.
- Listen to a CAFÉ Talks Podcast (and check out the lesson plans) here.
Sincerely, Mary Petersen