This year’s Chicago Chapter of LDEI scholarship recipients are:
- Rachel Dau of Glen Ellyn, Ill., a baking & pastry student at College of DuPage, Glen Ellyn. $5,000
- Chantiyanna Thigpen of Chicago, a baking & pastry student at Washburne Culinary Institute/Kennedy King College, Chicago. $5,000
- Danielle Welch of Chicago, a culinary-arts student at Kendall College, Chicago. $5,000
- Stephanie Kochanczyk of Franklin Park, Ill., a baking & pastry student at Triton College, River Grove. $2,500
- Myra Viviana Proano of Chicago, a culinary-arts student at Kendall College. $2,500
- Crystal Chui of Chicago, a baking & pastry student at the French Pastry School, Chicago. $1,250.
- Anshaunti Hillery of Chicago, a baking & pastry student at Washburne Culinary Institute/Kennedy King College. $1,250
Scholarship checks are made out to the respective education institutions and may be applied toward any school-based fees, tuition or other expenses directly related to the courses of study of the scholarship recipients.
Awardees for 2013 will were honored at a champagne reception at Kendall College on May 14.
Les Dames d’Escoffier International, based in Louisville, Ky., is a nonprofit philanthropic society of professional women leaders in the fields of food, fine beverage and hospitality. Membership is by invitation only among 28 chapters in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. The organization’s namesake, Auguste Escoffier (1846-1935), was the most innovative chef in history and one whose philosophy and accomplishments serve as both model and inspiration to all culinary professionals today. For more info, visit www.ldei.org.