JOB TITLE: Chef Instructor – Culinary Arts – Adjunct (Part Time)
Institute of Culinary Education (ICE)
ICE is seeking a full-time Culinary Arts Chef Instructor for its Career Program at its Los Angeles branch campus. The Culinary Arts Chef Instructor will use the ICE curriculum to lead hands-on culinary learning in an inspirational environment.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Motivate and guide aspiring culinary professionals to find their culinary voice
- Conduct in-classroom demonstrations as required by curriculum
- Demonstrate techniques and concepts as required by the curriculum
- Deliver clear, concise and organized lectures
- Assess student performance through observation and interaction, along with written and practical examinations
- Maintain a positive and focused learning environment
- Assure classes are conducted in a manner that complies with principles of food safety and sanitation
- Maintain accurate records of student attendance and performance
- Attend meetings and faculty orientation as required.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Culinary diploma and/or some form of formal culinary education
- Must possess a solid foundation of culinary knowledge, with a strong desire for continued learning
- Minimum of seven (7) years culinary experience with some supervisory responsibilities. Fine dining experience highly preferred
- Teaching experience highly preferred
- Flexible schedule (evenings) to accommodate ICE class schedules
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal; strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a collaborative manner with other departments and teams
- Working knowledge of Microsoft suite of products including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
Click here to apply.
The Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) is one of the largest and most diverse culinary schools in the world with campuses in New York and Los Angeles. Established in 1975, ICE offers award-winning six to 13-month career training programs in Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Restaurant & Culinary Management and Hotel & Hospitality Management and continuing education programs in Artisan Bread Baking, the Art of Cake Decorating and Professional Beverage Studies — with more than 14,000 successful alumni, many of whom are leaders in the industry. ICE also offers continuing education for culinary professionals, hosts more than 500 special events each year and is home to one of the world’s largest recreational cooking, baking and beverage programs with 26,000 students annually. ICE’s campus in New York City and its new west coast campus in Los Angeles were designed for inspiration, creativity and community. Visit us at ice.edu or join us on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Facebook at @iceculinary to find your culinary voice™.
The Institute of Culinary Education is an equal opportunity employer.