Sysco Corporation, in conjunction with CAFÉ, announces its sponsorship of the annual CAFÉ/Sysco Foodservice Educator of the Year. One secondary instructor and one postsecondary instructor will be honored.
Each awardee will receive $1,500 plus a complimentary registration to CAFÉ’s 2017 Leadership Conference in Myrtle Beach, SC, June 22-24, 2017.
Nominees for the CAFÉ/Sysco Foodservice Educator of the Year Award should submit letters, documentations and endorsements that prove the individual’s commitment to quality education as well as to his/her students and the advancement of the culinary, baking & pastry and hospitality professions.
Areas that will be evaluated by the Committee will include:
- Educator has completed all documentation required and demonstrates through documentation that they warrant the designation of Educator of the Year.
- Educator clearly communicates class or course objectives as evidenced by their lesson plans or syllabus and gives examples of how those objectives are met.
- Educator demonstrated examples of how student success is achieved in his/her classroom.
- There are examples of teaching methodology that exemplify current technology in the classroom.
- The educator has demonstrated his/her participation in professional development in the past two years.
- The educator demonstrates the use of Bloom’s Taxonomy in their teaching methodology through various modalities of lecture and demonstration.
- Educator demonstrates school support through internal student activities that complement the school’s mission and core values.
- The educator clearly demonstrates his/her professional commitment to the foodservice industry through student participation in community events and professional networking.
- The educator has proven leadership in their profession. This is validated with peer reviews, letters of recommendation, or certificates of merit.
Nomination packets must be postmarked no later than April 1, 2017, and mailed to the CAFÉ office. (CAFÉ will not accept electronic submissions.) Award recipients will be notified no later than May 1, 2016. Winners must attend the Leadership Conference to receive their awards.
There is no application form. Complete contact information for the nominee should be included in a cover letter to the committee. Five copies of each nomination and supporting documents along with a cover letter should be mailed to:
Attn: Foodservice Educator of the Year
502 Chester Avenue
Annapolis, MD 21403
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.