Be one of the lucky participants who has the opportunity to learn how to teach students the proper execution of knife techniques from ACF-certified culinary judge Chef Timothy Bucci, CEC, CCE, CHE, FMP, MCFE.
- Use the proper technique for the cut required for the food being prepared
- Use proper hand and product placement used during the cutting process
- Stress the importance of knife safety and appropriate sanitation practices
- Practice the step-by-step procedures for teaching effective knife techniques
Bio: Chef Timothy Bucci CEC, CCE, CHE, FMP, MCFE
After working in restaurants and hotels for 14 years, Chef Bucci taught at the Cooking and Hospitality Institute of Chicago for 10 years prior to coming to Joliet Junior College, where he currently teaches and instills students with his passion for cooking. As a member of the 2012 Culinary Team USA, Chef Bucci earned two silver medals at the World Culinary Olympics, took second place overall among 37 countries, and won two gold medals at the 2010 World Culinary Cup. Chef Bucci was named the 2009 ACF National Educator of the Year.
The Knife Techniques Skills Class is one of four pre-conference Master Classes offered on June 23, 2016, from 3-6 p.m. in Chicago at CAFÉ's annual Leadership Conference
For a full agenda go to http://cafemeetingplace.com/pdf/events/agenda_leadership16.pdf
For hotel information go to http://cafemeetingplace.com/pdf/events/hotel_leadership16.pdf
For online registration (where you may request to be invoiced or pay with a credit card), go to http://cafemeetingplace.com/cafe-events/item/1247-2016-leadership-conference
ELEVEN DAYS TO DEADLINE!
Get your applications in for one or more of the CAFÉ Award programs. Go to
http://cafemeetingplace.com/scholarship-awards for full information. Winners get a FREE conference registration (valued at $399) plus CASH!
- Tell us about your student-run foodservice operations
- Give us some ideas why you should be (postsecondary or secondary) educator of the year
- Describe your green/sustainability efforts
- Make over a favorite recipe into a more nutritional offering
DEADLINE IS APRIL 1, 2016.
12TH-ANNUAL CAFÉ LEADERSHIP CONFERENCE
hosted by Kendall College, Chicago, Illinois, June 23-26
- National Pork Board Cooking Competition for Foodservice Instructors
- Four Master Classes
- Knife Techniques (for all levels)
- Garde Manger Fruit Carving (think mangoes and watermelon!)
- Korean flavor profiles (taught by a master chef!)
- Sensory training using Wisconsin cheeses
- A full day of Industry partnerships including
- Keynote with Chef Beverly Kim
- Panel with industry groups dedicated to providing classroom resources
- InfoFair-lots of goodies!
- Four Trends Presentations
- Lamb, not just for fine dining
- Honey, beverages and beyond
- Pasta, it's good for you!
- Vegetable Purees, absolutely perfect!
- A full day of educational best practices including presentations by your peers
- Writing across the curriculum
- Teaching food safety in 50 minutes
- Teaching hunger to culinary students
- Increasing student engagement
- Student involvement outside the classroom
- Three star continuing education
- Using digital tools to gamify learning
- Shades of green
- Putting HACCP plan across the curriculum
- Educators as coaches
- Help students fast track to success
- Collaboration with today's youth
CAFÉ events all offer programs designed with the foodservice educator top of mind. Your attendance also includes ACF continuing education hours.
Do you Follow us on Facebook?
Sign up for our Facebook link and you won't miss our weekly updates!
Are all of your co-workers familiar with CAFÉ? Help us spread the word! CAFÉ has a FREE website, full of classroom resources. CAFÉ has a FREE online magazine, "The Gold Medal Classroom" published monthly. And CAFE offers three events a year: a February Deans and Directors Retreat; a June Leadership Conference; and a fall specialized content workshop.
Click here to sign up for our weekly updates and monthly magazine
PAUL SMITH'S COLLEGE, ADIRONDACK MOUNTINS, NEW YORK
Paul Smith's is looking for new leader for our food services department. We are "about to launch a new approach to our Baking and Pastry Arts, Culinary Arts, and Food Service Management degree programs. We seek a dynamic food services leader interested in competency based learning to lead this transition and strengthen our connections with industry and the American Culinary Foundation (ACF)."
Go to http://cafemeetingplace.com/resource-center/job-board/item/1387-chair-food-services-department for a full description of the position.
DO YOU HAVE A JOB OPENING AT YOUR SCHOOL? Go tohttp://cafemeetingplace.com/resource-center/job-board to post a FREE listing.
CAFÉ is dedicated to linking the foodservice industry with the foodservice classroom. As a result, we are fortunate to have industry partners who are willing to reward and recognize educators and programs that are going "above and beyond" their efforts in culinary/baking/pastry education.
This year we have some NEW twists on some familiar Award Programs:
If you submitted an application in 2015 for an Award, we urge you to submit again. Read the criteria carefully and provide documentation along with your narrative. There were many great applications last year and not everyone could be recognized.
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.